The instant way to fight the fade and add hot shades, these super-nourishing Butters deposit bold pops of colour on prelightened hair; reducing breakage and refreshing vibrancy for up to 10 shampoos.
- How often can I use this treatment? A. Whenever hair is thirsty and color is faded!
- Is Color Butter a conditioning treatment or a hair color? A. Both! It’s a moisturizing and strengthening treatment with a refreshing level of hair colour added for extra punch. Note that Colour Butter is free from peroxide, ammonia, MEA and PPD.
- How long do results last? A. Results last up to 10 shampoos depending on the condition, texture, and porosity of the hair.
- What’s the difference between using Colour Butter on damp or dry hair? A. Applying to damp hair will give you a lighter colour result, while dry hair application results in a more intense shade.
- My colour result is different than the color of the jar. Why? A. Colour results will be softer and somewhat muted. See the colour swatch on the top of the jar for a more accurate representation of the colour result on hair. Colour results will vary based on hair’s porosity and existing color.
- Do I need to have pre-lightened hair or have naturally blonde hair to see results? A. Yes & No. Colour Butter is formulated for use on either dark-to-light blonde hair, and also to be used to refresh previously coloured hair.
- Can I use Colour Butter to refresh a competitive semi- permanent hair colour? A. Yes. Colour Butter can be used to refresh ANY vibrant or pastel semi-permanent colour.
- My red always seems to fade. Will Color Butter do the trick? A. Colour Butter Red is actually great to use as a colour refresher, top coat or treatment for dry, damaged redheads who tend to fade quickly.
- Can I use Color Butter on extensions, wefts, or wigs? A. No problem! Colour Butter can provide a low-commitment colour vs. no-commitment beautiful boost—and moisture— to 100% human hair wefts, extension and wigs. (Note: If wearing professional extensions, avoid applying Color Butter to the area where the extension is bonded to the hair.)
- Can I mix the Colour Butter shades to create a custom shade? A. For sure. All Colour Butter shades can be intermixed for endless, vibrant possibilities.
- How do I remove Colour Butter from my hair? A, Colour Butter is formulated to fade from hair within 5-10 shampoos. If you would like to speed things up, JOICO recommend speaking with your stylist as they will have a remover for fashion shades.
- If I want to make a shade softer or more pastel, can I mix conditioner or a treatment mask in with my Colour Butter? A. Certainly! Either mix with your favourite JOICO treatment even your favourite JOICO conditioner. It is not recommended to mix with non professional ranges as this can affect your final overall result. Best mixed with JOICO COLOUR THERAPY
- How do I make my Colour Butter a shade deeper? A. Use a dry application instead of a damp application. If you’re looking for an even deeper colour result, repeat the application 2 or 3 times. Be sure to rinse and dry the hair in between applications.
- Can I refresh or create a colour melt, dipped tips, pinwheel, or multi-colored design using Colour Butter? A. Absolutely! Apply the desired Color Butter shade to your design on dry hair using a tint brush. Isolate the sections of your design any way you’d like (foil, clips, meche sheet); then leave on for 5 minutes and rinse.
- Do I need to guard against staining? A. Definitely. It is recommended to wear gloves when applying and rinsing Colour Butter. Be sure, also, to cover clothing during application. If product comes into contact with tile or porcelain, wipe up immediately to avoid staining.